Rats are shy creatures and tend to stay well hidden but they can leave behind clues to their presence. Look out for the following:
- Rat Droppings - droppings are usually dark brown and pellet shaped - like a grain of rice.
- Nesting Materials - such as chewed up paper and packaging.
- Bad Odours - An unpleasant urine small is common.
- Gnawing Marks - Rats need to chew so you may see bite marks in plastic and wires.
- Smear Marks - if you have a heavy infestation you may see black smear marks along walls.
- Sounds - Rats scuffle along and you will often hear them gnawing or walking in roof spaces and under floors.