Pest Pulse was challenged to take a key site in Central London that had evidence of a 2-year long history of internal mice infestations.
The previous pest control contractor had failed to gain control with weekly service visits and an approach of blanket baiting had failed to gain control of the pest issue.
As pubs are adapted over the years the building’s fabric is often a patchwork of old and new. The combination of different contractors, building methods and materials over many years, means that pubs often have voids and hidden corridors that make them the perfect environment for rodents.
With most pubs now offering food service, Rodent infestations pose a significant risk to food hygiene ratings, brand name and customers health.
What we deliver
Our team quickly took on the challenge by completing a thorough Building Condition Survey so we could first understand what the scale of the problem was and what steps needed to be taken to begin to resolve the problems.
- 16th July - Our surveyor reported 14 Critical, 7 Major and 16 Minor recommendations as well as confirming the heavy activity reported by the management team.
- 17th 18th July - Within 2 days, Pest Pulse had mobilised its proofing and fabrications teams to commence work. The team worked during quiet periods of operation and throughout the night to resolve the recommendations made in the Building Condition Survey ensuring that the pub could operate without interruption to service.
- 18th July - Once the building proofing works had been completed, we installed our 24/7 smart monitors to further monitor the issues and to give us an insight into how many mice may have been remaining.
- 19th - 20th July - Our smart traps report activity!
- 20th July - A follow-up visit confirmed we had caught a further 5 mice and that pest activity in overall had significantly decreased.
- 30th July - No further activity was found since the previous visit and no further activations on our smart traps
What we found
What was the impact?
- Quickly surveying the premises highlighted the problem areas
- Mobilising Proofing and Fabricating teams to resolve the issues lead to the eradication of the 2-year long infestation
- Utilising smart technologies allow for monitoring during periods of heavy infestation to trace and to ensure the site remains pest-free
- Reduced use of toxic rodenticide whilst maintaining effective protection for the site
- Pest pulse was awarded the national contract based on the approach to resolving issues and has been successfully implemented at locations across the UK