Pest Pulse has partners with some of the UK’s leading Logistics companies to deliver a full range of Pest Control Services.
Logistics and Warehousing operators are vulnerable to a range of Pests. Distribution centres act as Hubs for pest transmission. The high volumes of traffic from around the world and open warehouses offer easy access for pests to gain entry. This makes warehouses and storage spaces the perfect targets for pest species including; Rats, Mice, Birds, Moths and flying insects.
Pest Pulse delivers a unique solution that gives nationwide coverage and specialist building proofing to cover clients for a range of pest species.
What we found?
Logistics operations and warehouses pose a range of operational challenges:
- Warehouses have large gaps between doors and the building’s fabric allows pests to easily find ways inside. As these buildings vary in age and states of repair some are better than others at keeping rodents out.
- Often located near watercourses and adjacent to fields, warehouses are often the first buildings rodents come across when looking for food or shelter
- Warehouses are busy and dangerous environments with moving equipment and some operations deploying automated machinery which can make access difficult in high-risk areas.
- Return stock areas can often include open or spoilt food sources which make them targets for pests and spillages are slow to be cleared.
- Warehouses and Distribution centres have both high risk and low-risk pest environments.
What we deliver
Pest Pulse implements a strategic pest management program that manages pest risk and is complemented by 24/7 smart monitoring.
- Understanding how the building is used and where items that could attract pests are stored, Pest Pulse delivers pest control that ensures high-risk areas are closely monitored whilst ensuring low-risk areas are still covered we are able to reduce the number of routine visits and focus on targeting pest reduction in problematic areas
- By delivering specialist building proofing we are able to block rodents access, keeping rats and mice out to prevent infestations.
- Deploying smart monitors in high-risk areas such as forklift zones and under automated pick and pack equipment we were able to reduce the need for the pest technician to access high-risk areas whilst enabling monitoring 24/7 for rodent activity.
- Working with on-site staff to train and inform about the quick clean up of spillages and how the risks of even the smallest food spillages can attract pests.
What was the impact?
- Delivered specialist proofing to remove nuisance birds
- In one retail case where a central depot delivered goods to stores, we saw an 82% reduction of rodents reported in stores once pest issues had been solved in the distribution depot.
- Increased rodent control monitoring from 48 hours per year to 61320 hours per year by utilising digital pest control traps